(Press release) The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) East Region Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) has seized illegal drugs in Hawkesbury.
On April 14, 2021, as part of an ongoing investigation, CSCU members, assisted by members of the Hawkesbury OPP Detachment, executed a search warrant at a residence on Main Street East.
Officers seized a quantity of suspected Methylenedioxymethamphetamine, Psilocybin, LSD, Morphine pills, Oxycodone pills, OxyContin pills, Benzodiazepine pills, Ketamine, Nabilone, Salvia, DMT, Methaqualone, CB-2, and Harmaline. They also seized over $8000 in Canadian currency and other items associated with drug trafficking.
Marc-Andre JULIEN, aged 29 years from Hawkesbury, was arrested and charged under the Criminal Code (CC) and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) with;
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5000 – CC s.354(1)(a)
- Possession of Schedule III substance for the purpose of trafficking (LSD, Psilocybin, DMT, 2-CB, Methaqualone, Harmaline) – CDSA s.5(2) – 3 counts
- Possession of Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking (Opioids) – CDSA s.5(2) – 5 counts
- Possession of Schedule IV substance for the purpose of trafficking (Benzodiazepine, Salvia, Clonazepam) – CDSA s.5(2) – 3 counts
- Possession of Schedule II substance for the purpose of trafficking (Nabilone) – CDSA s.5(2)
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear at L’Original Court of Justice on May 19, 2021